Finding Stability and Serenity in the Season of Change
As fall comes, summer's buzz slows down. We start to feel the cooler vibes of the season. Now's a good time to clean up our body, get back on track, and strengthen our immunity before winter's chill kicks in. Here is Ripples' guide to this transitional season:
Cooler Days, Warmer Minds: Meditating Through Fall
Life is super busy, isn't it? In between chasing goals and scrolling on our phones, we sometimes need a break. As fall rolls in, let's pause and breathe. Taking time to meditate this fall can be a gift to both your mind and body. Meditating isn't just downtime; it's a moment just to be. This recharges us, sharpens our focus, and boosts mental health. As the days get cooler, let's warm our minds with calm and self-centered moments.
Breathe Deep: Yoga Poses for Fall Respiratory Health
Fall calls for a particular focus on the health of our lungs and digestive system. These organs play a pivotal role in maintaining robust respiratory health, fortifying our immune responses, and enjoying seamless digestion.
Here are some yoga asanas that increase lung capacity and improve breathing:
*Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana): The cobra pose helps promote lung health and stretches out the lungs. Apart from that, it also helps to calm the mind and brings mental peace.
* Sitting Half Spinal Twist (Ardha Matsyendrasana): Ardha Matsyendrasana is a powerful yoga pose and one of the best lung exercises. It opens up the chest and expands the oxygen supply into the lungs. Not only that, but it also helps relieve pain and tension in the back and relaxes the back muscles.
* Camel Pose (Ustrasana): This pose can improve your digestion and relieve any spine problems. It can strengthen your arms and shoulders if you practice it daily.
* Triangle Pose (Trikonasana): Trikonasana helps expand the chest cavity. It gets rid of all the toxins from the lungs and the body for smooth functioning.
* KapalBhati Pranayama is a yoga breathing technique that energizes your body and mind. It is a great practice to build your lung and abdominal strength.
Nature's Seasonal Meal Plan: Fall Eating
Image by rawpixel.com on Freepik
Seasons shape our mood and our dinner plate as well! Trust nature's rhythm and sync your plate with the season's harvest- it's like nature's own meal plan.
* Incorporate all the season's root vegetables in your meals, like pumpkin, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, parsnips, turnips, carrots, and beets.
* Seek cleansing, mineral-rich greens like collards, arugula, kale, and Brussels sprouts. Add them to your morning drink as a green recharge for the body!
* Enjoy the season's fruits, such as pomegranates, apples, cranberries, pears, and grapes. They can be a great light afternoon snack.
* Ensure you get adequate protein, either from clean animal sources or complete vegan sources.
Finding Your Balance in Fall’s Rhythms
Take a moment to truly appreciate your fall journey, and remember – every breath, bite, and bend is a step closer to your holistic well-being! Tune in to the fall rhythm and enjoy the upcoming weather changes.